Mother's Day

Mother's Day

Monday, May 14, 2012

Updates and jumping right into 2012

It's been awhile but that's okay I will jump right in!  It is 2012 and our family has grown.  Harm was born Apil 5th 2012. 

Chance 9 1/2yrs old.  He is doing great in his reading and math programs.  He finished one yrs worth of math this year already so we had to buy the next stage a couple months ago.  He loves to ride his bike whenever he gets a chance.  His dad and him ride all over town.  He loves to draw star wars characters and transformers.  He is still into building his inventions as well as other structures.  He is a great help to me around the house and with his younger siblings.  He has a strong sense of what is right and wrong.  I am so proud of him.

Braxton is 6yrs old and coming into his own as a little boy and big brother.  He is doing great with his school work.  He especially loves to work on the computer.  He has been doing Kindergarten this school year but soon it will be time to move him up to first grade work.  He is in Karate, which I hope will help him w/ focus but even more I hope it helps him gain more self confidence.  His imagination is huge.  I love his drawings.  The pictures and characters he draws do not come from TV shows or books but rather from his own mind.  Some days I wish I could go on a trip to his little world.

Onaleigh is 3yrs old.  She is transitioning really well into becoming a big sister.  I am amazed that she doesn't seem jealous of her new little brother at all.  In fact she adores him.  As long as you never refer to her as a "big" sister she is happy.  She insists that she is "little".  She loves to play outside,
play with her brothers, wear ribbons in her hair, and call herself a princess even while dressed head to toe in camo.  She can go from pink and sparkly to hand me down boy clothes and she is happy either way.  She is a bit of a broken record talking about wanting to go to grandpa's house, to Halloween, and any other place or time(like Halloween) that crosses her mind.  With the new baby in the house she has gotten to watch more TV.  As much as I hate to admit that.  Anyway her favorite show is Dragon Tales, I love listening to her sing the theme song.  She likes to paint and cook and is always my partner in crime. 

Harm is 5wks old now.  He was born at home.  We has another homebirth.  The 3 older children all got to be at the birth.  It was an amazing day.  Little turkey is a night owl.  We are all adjusting by staying up late and sleeping in.  He is starting to get more interactive, sometimes smileing back at us when we smile at him.  He doesn't care for waisted pants so sleepers, one pieces, and overalls is what he wears.  He is such a strong little boy always holding his head up to see the world.

My husband Keith has been my rock.  During the end of Harm's pregnancy I wasn't very mobile.  Harm liked to ride low in there.  And on top of that there is that hormonal rollercoster.  Then Harm was born and Keith was able to take 2wks off to take care off us.  Oh how I loved that and so did the children.  He cooked all the meals, all the cleaning, shopping, and all the homeschooling.  After he went back to work he made sure I had meals already precooked in the fridge for a couple weeks.  He is still doing a lot even 5wks after because of Harm's sleeping habits but things are starting to come into focus and I have been able to do more.

Then there is me.  I have been on a bit of a hormonal, emotional rollercoster.  All the joys of post partum.  But I feel like it's getting better.  The more I am able to get done around the house and the with the kids the better I feel.  I am very excited that Thursday this week with be 6wks since Harm was born.  That means I can start working out.  I need it to help improve my moods.  I know it's going to help a lot.  I got out this past week for the first time just the kids and I.  We made it to homeschool group.  That was great.  I loved seeing all our friends and getting hugs, gosh I need hugs.  They mean the world to me.  Been a bit lonely.  But that's a temporary thing while I get on my feet. 

Well it's pretty late now and I very much need to get to sleep. 

My biggest goal for this year to enjoy life as it is, to enjoy what I have and do what I can with what I already have.  I have been so blessed. 




No comments: