Mother's Day

Mother's Day

Monday, December 20, 2010

school school what happened to you?

Seems we are getting nothing done. I have to keep reminding myself this is December and this happens every yr. Sometime I wonder if we should just plan to take the whole month off! And I feel bad we haven't done more fun crafts and decorating. I often feel that way when we fly past a holiday w/out much attention. But hey we did make our paperchain count down to Christmas. That's a must in our house. The kids look forward to it every year.
But I am SO SO excitted for the new year!!! I love January, it feels like a fresh start. Almost like September. Okay I know that it sounds crazy but September is this month when school starts and you get so excited about the new school year. Well than January after Chridtmas break is like a 2nd wind. I'm really looking forward to instilling more routine into our days. Going to start small for the first month with set wakeup, meal, nap/quiet time, and bedtimes(For the kids as well as myself). I think from there we will fall into place. Also going to set some big internet use rules on myself for the new year. What about letting myself check my e-mail for 10min in the mornning and then not again online till school is done for the day. Otherwise the internet is like a black hole sucking all my time away. I also want to start doing at least one 27thing fling boogie a day to get rid of our cluter so we can reclaim our home and our free time. I need to think of more things to keep Onaleigh busy durring lesson time. Things like gluten free playdough, watercolor paints, and hey maybe a sensory table(really just a short plastic storage bin) with assorted fun ideas...water, rice, beans, stuff like that. I'm thinking it's time to try starting reading lessons with Braxton. Not so much because I want him reading but because I think it will help him get more out of his speech theropy. We'll keep it gentle. If he's not ready for book work than we'll stick to phonics games and songs. Chance is comming along in his lessons but we need to reenergise, January is a perfect oppertunity for that! LOL. Looking forward to planning more things with friends and doing more projects. 2011 is going to be a really great year!!!!

No comments: