Mother's Day

Mother's Day

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Homeschool Apple Orchard Field Trip

Tuesday after our homeschool PE class at the local collage we went to an Apple Orchard. I hadn't planned to go until another mom made a point to invite us individually. I thought that was so nice that I couldn't resist. We had originally planned a trip to the Children's Museum that day. Anyway off we went. We meet all at one of the mom's houses and followed to the Orchard. Turns out the owner of the orchard is a homeschool family. Grandpa seems to run it, a family kind of thing. We had a pretty good turn out. 6 moms, 15 children. Mostly boys in the group. My boys had a blast although they were not used to how rough other boys can be. Lots of wrestling which we normally do not allow at our house. For the most part they had fun and a few tears when the others got rough. Still it was all done good naturally so I allowed it. We had a hay ride around the orchard and stopped to do picking. The boys loved that they could eat as many apples as they wanted. Both boys took advantage of that! Braxton looked so cute picking and eating it right away. He looked up and asked if it was okay every time. Cute. We picked Regent apples for the most part. They are really good!!! And some apples called Macfree. Those were really good too. We brought home a bunch of apples and the boys think it's so cool that they got to pick them. So it's an apple fiesta at our house. The boys are really getting their fill. I'm glad we went, such a special day of picking and playing. My only regret is I forgot my camera! POOH!

No comments: